Sunday, January 9, 2011

Medallion stamp


Two days ago I made my sister a card for her birthday (her birthday is tomorrow.) Since I'm still not in the swing of documenting my craftiness, I sealed up the envelope before even taking a picture! Since I cant show you, I'll talk about what I used to create it.. just as good, right? Well, Im 100% a Stampin Up! freak, and basically everything I use if from their catalog. I love the quality of their products, the design, and the color choices. I've been using Stampin' Up! since 2007, and the very first ink pads I bought back then in the summer of '07 are still juicy with ink (they were Pixie Pink and Green Galore from the 'old' Bold Brights) .

Well anyhow, for my sister's card I used a Stampin' Up! stamp that may be my very favorite, "Medallion." As you can see from the picture, it's big and gorgeous, about the size of my hand. I used Whisper White cardstock and Yoyo Yellow to stamp the Medallion offset in the lower left hand corner of the card. It takes up a majority of the card front, and could be left alone as is and still be beautiful, but I stamped "Happy Birthday" on the front with the "Happy Everything" stamp set. I've used the Medallion stamp for several other cards, such a thank you notes and sympathy cards. It's bold, but if you use it with soft colors its very elegant. Oh boy, I sound like a nut right now, calling stamps 'elegant.' Too much coffee perhaps?

So I promise with practice I'll get better at blogging, with actual pictures of the finished products! I swear I will! Just be patient with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment