Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthday cards

Hello again! I have a few friend's birthdays coming up so I got to work making some birthday cards! Just a quick note about heat embossing- it can be messy, time and space consuming, and alot of work for 1 little piece of your project. What I do is heat emboss multiple things at once in many color inks, stamps, and embossing powders and keep them in a folder for when I need them. Ok, on to the projects! Here's the ingredient list for my orange-lover's birthday card!

  1. SU! "Peach Parfait" ink and cardstock
  2. SU! "Poppy Parade" ink and cardstock
  3. SU! "Blushing Bride" ink and cardstock
  4. VersaMark watermark stamp pad (to stick the emboss powder)
  5. SU! Stampin' Emboss powder in "Glassy Glaze Enamel"
  6. SU! "Upsy Daisy" stamp set
  7. SU! "Small Script" stamp set
  8. SU! "Season of Friendship" stamp set (for the leaf background)
  9. SU! "Curly Label" punch

I absolutely LOVE how the daisy stamp turned out with the embossing powder, and I even love the "mistake" droplets above the stamp.. it looks like dew and adds more subtle dimension! This was actually a quick card to make (having the embossing already previously done.)


Ok, so the next card is a variation on a card I've done before, but it's so fun and bright I can't help but re-create it! Here's the list!:

  1. SU! "Bermuda Bay" cardstock and ink (marker)
  2. SU! "Rich Razzleberry" textured cardstock and ink 
  3. SU! "Crushed Curry" cardstock and ink (marker)
  4. SU! "Melon Mambo" cardstock and ink (marker)
  5. SU! "Whisper White" cardstock and ink (marker)
  6. SU! "Soft Suede" ink (marker)
  7. Close to My Heart "White Daisy" ink
  8. SU! "Bermuda Bay 1/2" Polka Dot ribbon
  9. SU! "Out of the Box" stamp set
  10. SU! "Happy Everything" stamp set
  11. Fiskar's circle punch

Although I wish I had both the ink pads and markers for this old In-Color set, I don't. I'm too poor for that, haha! I just have the markers, which I colored in the stamps with. I used the Bermuda Bay marker to color the edge of the circle punch to give it some more "pop." The cupcake is glued on with a dimensional sticker to make it appear as though its jumping off the card! I know my friend will love this card, and be even more shocked that it was handmade! It didn't take too lng to make either! I think one of the keys is to not try to be so precise with the coloring in of the stamp. I colored the whole box in Rich Razzleberry and the handle in Soft Suede, aftewards I went in with my markers and filled in the flowers, but just by making little dots. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment