Monday, February 7, 2011

Scrapbooking through the blizzard

Holy moley, blizzards! We've had so much snow here that all of my free time has been spent shoveling out the driveway and digging out our cars! I finally got a chance to sit down and do some papercrafting. I think I'll seperate this post into scrapbook pages and cards. I'll start with the scrapbook pages!

I'm a big fan of 8x8 pages. There's just something about the constrictive size that forces you to be a little more creative with your space I think. I've tried 12x12 pages and I usually just end up trying to think of ways for fill up the empty spaces.. which leads to cluttered pages! I have to admit one of the pages I made is a bit cluttered, but I couldn't help myself, the Sweet Pea DSP is just too cute. I purchased the Sweet Pea DSP on ebay a few weeks ago- it's a retired SU! item. So here's the materials list of this page:
  1. Sweet Pea DSP (this DSP features Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, and Sahara Sand)
  2. Cricket Lite cartridge "Cherry Limeade"
  3. SU! Rub-On's "Bright Delight" (features Rose Red,Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip.
  4. SU! 5/16" Brads "Neutral Assortment"
  5. SU! Rose Red cardstock

I actually didn't use any ink or stamps in this page, the bird on the DSP is enough in my opinion!

So that page wasn't really typical of things I usually do. I most often keep my pages simple and let the pictures shine. This next page took me quite awhile because I used SU! Chipboard pieces, and I'm not quite pro with that technique yet! Here's my ingredients list:
  1. SU! Rich Razzleberry textured cardstock
  2. SU! Soft Suede textured cardstock
  3. SU! Melon Mambo cardstock
  4. SU! Crushed Curry cardstock
  5. SU! Bermuda Bay cardstock
  6. SU! Dusty Durango cardstock
  7. SU! Rub-On's "Fashion District" in white
  8. SU! On Board Chipboard "Lots of Letters"
  9. Cricket Cartridge "Simply Sweet"
  10. Martha Stewart scalloped edge punch
On the yellow chipboard "u" I actually got ink smudged across it. I covered it up with those tiny hearts I had left over from using my Cricket to make Valentines! The actually chipboard pieces (if you can't really see the dimension in the picture) are the "I," the "u," and the Bermuda Bay bar underneath the picture. The big heart is a Cricket die-cut with a dimensional sticker underneath it. Hope you enjoyed the post!

1 comment:

  1. Just noticed that the first "bird page" looks kind of washed out.. it must be my camera because its actually really vivid in real life!

    ReplyDelete